The Gospel and Islam
This invaluable course from an expert in comparitive religious studies examines Islam and Christianity at spiritual, cultural and communal levels. It explores the similiarities and differences found in Jesus and Muhammad, the Bible and the Qur’an, Jerusalem and Medina, the Church and Ummah.
This course is designed to enable believers in Jesus Christ to understand the message of Islam and to be equipped to faithfully commend the Gospel of reconciliation in their engagement with Muslims.
- This course will help students:
- to understand the beliefs and practices of Muslims;
- to embrace the good news of the Gospel of reconciliation;
- to equip disciples of Jesus for the calling to commend Christ;
- to deepen the commitment and develop approaches to peacemaking relations between Muslims and Christians;
- to prepare for informed theological discourse and dialogue with Muslims.
Topic 1. Journey with Muslims
Topic 2. Quiz — What Do You Know About Islam?
Topic 3. Early Theological Formation in the Arabian Background
Topic 4. The Muslim Community (Ummah)
Topic 5. Muslim Theology and Praxis
Topic 6. Adam and Eve
Topic 7. Abraham, Ishmael and Isaac
Topic 8. Muhammad and Jesus
Topic 9. The Qur’an and the Bible
Topic 10. Tanzil and Incarnation
Topic 11. The Hijrah and the Cross
Topic 12. Medina and Jerusalem
Topic 13. Tawhid and Trinity
Topic 14. The Hajj and the Eucharist
Topic 15. Shari’a is Muslim Law
Topic 16. The Shi’a or Shi’ite Muslims
Topic 17. Sufi Mystics
Topic 18. Folk and Secularist Islam
Topic 19. Principles for Ministry Among Muslims
Topic 20. An Open Door (Revelation 3:7-12)